For next week's detox it's recommended that we include something hot into our menu as this will help to ease the digestive system for better absorption of raw diet. Maybe this soup is not very beautiful or tempting but it is highly nutritious and very healthy, served as a starter it helps cleanse the kidneys, repair damaged cells and nourish them back to health.
Check Gerson's Miracle movie below!
For next week some of the things that you will need are:
- Masticating juicer
- Organic fruits and vegetables: potatoes, leeks, onions, peppers, greens (for green juice), carrots, parsley, celery knob, apples.
- 1 packet organic porridge
- 1 packet organic coffee (for coffee enemas)
- 1 enema bag (more details coming up this weekend;)
Gerson's Hippocrates Soup
- 1 big or 2 small fresh organic leeks
- 1 kg fresh organic potatoes
- 1,5 kg organic fresh tomatoes
- 800ml water
- 1 large organic onion
- 1 medium organic celery knob
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small parsley root
- few sprigs of organic parsley
- pinch sea salt
Don’t peel any of the vegetables (apart from garlic) as many of the minerals and nutrients are stored directly beneath the skin. Scrub carefully and cook slowly at low heat for 3 hours with water, mash, garnish with parsley and eat. Let the soup cool before storing. Keep in air-tight container in the refrigerator and consume in no more than 48 hours. To reheat, simmer over stove.